Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Off To College, Day 2...

So far, the class has been fairly interesting. Some of the magic that is the internet has been revealed to me (and the 8 others taking the class), prompting a few "oohs" and ahhs and half a dozen "cools".

Notwithstanding, the class is challenging. I've been learning how to lay out a web page, us links to take you to different parts of a page, to different pages within the website and links to other websites that open in a new window (to keep you from navigating away from the original site).

Today, I will complete another 7 hours of intense instruction, with a project included, and receive a certificate that says I completed the course.

It's not an Associates degree, but to me, it means the world, as I will have a new skill to add to my resume...a skill that may just open a few doors that wouldn't have otherwise in my search for employment.

On the other hand, it may just be the springboard for what I've wanted to do for quite some time...start my own graphic design company.

Once again, the oh, so familiar smell of coffee is permeating the first floor of Casa de Shaw...I'll fill you in later on what was accomplished in today's session.

Peace.

B.


No comments:

Obama Countdown