Sunday, February 15, 2009

Obama to Veto Porkulus Bill...

...don't we wish?

Actually, this article, Posted by Scott Ott on "scrappleface.com", satirizes the passing of the so-called "stimulus package"...

Obama to Veto Stimulus Bill: ‘I Had a Dream’

by Scott Ott for ScrappleFace · 10 Comments

(2009-02-14) — President Barack Obama said today that “after a restless night’s sleep” he will veto the $787 billion economic stimulus package passed by Democrats in Congress on Friday.

“I had a dream,” said a visibly shaken Mr. Obama. “that my daughters, Sasha and Malia, were trapped under the 1,100-page legislation. In the dream I saw my girls as women in their forties and they were still paying for this. I woke up, and did the math, and realized that it wasn’t just a dream. Has anybody read this thing yet?”

The president said he “never really cared about the stimulus anyway” and that he “just wanted Nancy to shut up and Harry to go away,” referring to House Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Reid.

Good stuff? Read the rest of the article here.



No comments:

Obama Countdown