Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Laughable

This last week, Ed Boyd, Abington committeeman and Matthews apologist, posted this on his blot (skip the bullsh*t, just watch the second video):

Off the Record (or, there is no "Matthews Effect")


Apparently, Mr. Boyd lives in a fantasy world. Here, in some previous posts, are a few of those who have fallen victim to "The Matthews Effect":

http://writemarsh.blogspot.com/2008/05/ed-boyd-latest-victim-of-matthews.html

http://writemarsh.blogspot.com/2008/06/matthews-effect-again.html

http://writemarsh.blogspot.com/2008/06/philadelphia-inquirer-latest-victim-of.html

http://writemarsh.blogspot.com/2008/06/update-victims-of-matthews-effect-thus.html

There are but a few of those who have fallen victim to the dreaded "effect". I, too have been a victim, as Jim told me that I had his support in my failed run for supervisor in Whitemarsh. Boyd is a fool not to recognize the pattern for what it is.

What would you expect from a guy who still considers himself a "young Republican" at his age? (I visited a YR meeting once, it was just plain creepy seeing him, apparently trying to hang on to his lost youth, mingling with the 20-somethings like a dried up old bachelor uncle.)

(If you've ever seen the guy, he looks like he's about 60)

Maybe if he wasn't such a Matthews sycophant, his blog would be doing better than it has (he just recently took down his counter...only 4000+ hits since last September, which is pitiful)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Bill. You really don't like that guy.

It is interesting to watch him consistently talk of his desire for peace while launching inflammatory invectives from his blog.

The day after he was embarrassed in his bid to be Abington GOP Chairman he posted a hateful treatise aimed at his "opposition" in Abington.

My advice to him is that you must lead by example. If he wants to end the enmity that exists between factions of the party, he should stop fanning the flames himself.

Anonymous said...

Real classy Bill, real classy.

Let's not even begin to discuss your physical appearance.

Bill Shaw said...

I'm fat, shave my head and have an uneven beard.

Every couple of years, I change my hair, shave my beard, or otherwise change my appearance. Why? I get tired of looking at the same old face in the mirror and like to change it up every once in a while.

I accept the fact that I am 44 years old and am at the age where I could become a grandfather.

I am not a "young Republican".

Oh, by the way, I don't consider myself attractive, either. Just a plain "Joe", that's all.

See? I'm not afraid to discuss my physical appearance, nor that of others. I'm a realist.

Peace.

B.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't resort to name calling, but clearly you've never actually met Ed.

He's worked hard for the party and was active with the YRs since as far back as 2000, when I used to attend meetings. I don't know how old he is, but as I understand it 18-40 defines YRs. Even so, supporting the group is something leaders should do.

I suppose the "one YR event" you attended wasn't the 2007 lunch. Where's Ed's date wasn't a 22 year old, but his 5 year old (?) daughter. It's not the first time nor the last she has been around.

Unfortunately, you seem to resort to cheap-shots aimed at someone you clearly don't know personally.

Obama Countdown