Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm a Bit Off

I spent the morning at Mercy Suburban Hospital. I came home from work with a lump on my sternum and the feeling I'd broken my ribs. I saw stars (literally) when I sneezed.

After 2 hours of waiting to see a doctor, I was put into a room and told to don a gown. Thankfully, I was able to keep my jeans on, I shudder to think of the stir I'd cause if my bare a$$ was sticking way out of the back of the hospital gown.

Anyway, they took 2 x-rays and found no broken bones. I have to follow up with my family doc next week.

It's the same old song, let's see if it gets any better, if not, blah blah blah. It's a small wonder why I procrastinate going to the doctor when I'm a bit off.

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'll have to grin and bear it...and, try like hell not to sneeze.


And here is the rest of it.

5 comments:

TheBitterAmerican said...

I don't why I should feel more sorry for you:

Is it because of your ailment, or the fact that you were treated at Mercy Suburban??

;)

BTW - The Sideways reference was to the movie "Sideways" about two guys who tour the California wine region.

Anonymous said...

Seriously

NextTime

Gotoabington

Bill Shaw said...

Guys,

I appreciate your concern about using Mercy Suburban, but I have this attachment-let me explain.

In 1998, I became very sick, very quickly. My bowel ruptured and I almost died.

Dr. Gordon Clement, former candidate for Coroner, was on call, operated on me at MSH and saved my life.

I owe him (and them) at least that, or, your humble blogger wouldn't be her today.

B.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

We hope you feel better very soon.

Anonymous said...

Bill,

That's a very serious shit story.

Obama Countdown