Monday, July 21, 2008

Doctor's Visit and Testosterone

I went to the doctor on Friday and he pretty much told me that I needed a nuclear CAT scan, he thinks I may have torn cartilage where my rib meets the sternum. If that is, indeed, the case, I may have to seek out someone who has seen/treated that type of injury before and begin treatment with him or her.

So, that was that. I will be setting up the CAT scan today. I'll keep you posted.

Anyway, let's get to the testosterone part. I spent this past weekend in Somerset County with the boy scouts, doing guy stuff. What kind of "guy" stuff?

Well, we started the day on Saturday with a big honking breakfast of eggs, bacon and home fries. After the clean-up, we drove some of the boys and their Venture leader to the Ohio-Pyle state park to pursue a whitewater rafting adventure. Myself and two other leaders took the remaining boys fishing on th Youghigheney(?) River. We spent the next five hours drifting downstream catching numerous smallmouth bass. Great experience if you use ultra light tackle, like I do.

Back to the cabin for dinner and some skeet shooting until dark.

The next morning, after a huge breakfast of blueberry pancakes, sausage, scrapple, leftover steak and potatoes, we sauntered out to the range for some pistol and rifle shooting. Testosterone was flying along with the clay pidgeons.

We let the boys plink with a .22 pistol, a 9 mm pistol, 3 different .357 magnums, a .40 S&W semi-auto, a .45 cal. flintlock pistol, my son's Henry rifle in .17 HMR, and a 7.62 x .39 Chinese SKS.

I'd say that if we shot a couple thousand rounds, that would be conservative.

The boys had as great time, they learned about safe gun handling, they all tried skeet shooting, and nobody got hurt.

I have to add that I was especially proud of my boy, Jesse. He broke a clay the first time he ever shot skeet, and made the tin cans dance all morning with the .22 and the .17.

I guess he has a little bit of his dear ol' dad in him, afterall.

It was a good weekend.

Heve a great day.

B.


1 comment:

TheBitterAmerican said...

Mmmmm,..there's a breakfast I could love!

Obama Countdown