Monday, March 10, 2008

I Can Take It

Dear Readers,

I have been getting a tremendous amount of support concerning the guy (who says he's my conscience) that has been posting on GrassrootsPA.com.

I appreciate all of your support. (Your support has moved my blog up ten spots to number 7 for this week! Thanks!)

But, I can take it. When I started this blog, I knew that everyone wouldn't agree with my point of view. As a matter of fact, in my very first post, I stated that "opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one and most of them stink". I stand by that statement. There are but a few out there who's opinions do not stink...G-d, Jesus Christ, mom, dad, my wife, etc.

Then there's the rest of us. Nobody is going to agree with everything we have to say all of the time.

For example, I really like Tony Phyrillas' blog. Heck, I glom stuff from him all of the time to share with you. But, I don't always agree with him. I can't get on board with his stand on tax reform, as I am glad to pay the school taxes that I do to ensure a quality education for my kids. That's why I moved into this school district.

But, I do agree with his conservative point of view and his right to express it. And to do so by proudly putting his name behind his thoughts.

This guy who thinks he's my conscience is a coward. He refuses to put his name behind his words. He chooses to use my name instead (hehe, I feel like I'm his role model). I accept that, it's his cross to bear. I proudly place my name behind my words, right or wrong. If found to be wrong, I'll admit as much and correct my mistake. Unlike him, I do have a conscience.

I've had one my whole life. I see it every time I kiss my kids goodnight, hug my wife, tell my folks that I love them and look in the mirror.

My conscience is my name. The one that my parents gave me, the one that I sign whenever I write an opinion column...

B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bill,

You may be #7 on the Blog Rank, but you're #1 in my book!

Keep up the great work!

Obama Countdown