Monday, March 3, 2008

Candidate Survey

I just received the following comment and I thought that I should respond:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you received this. Everyone did. But answer this: what does Radnor endorsing her do when Delco isn't and won't be? She's your candidate and that is totally cool, but have another question: you posted a survey a week or so ago. Did this candidate respond yet? Did any of the candidates respond yet?

A few weeks back, I sent an email to all of our PA 7th and PA 17th senatorial candidates. I asked a series of questions that I thought to be fair (and a few that were on the lighter side), so that the voters could bet a feel for whom they were to cast their votes both in the primary on April 22 and in the general election in November.

The only respondent was Marc Perry, Republican candidate for the 7th senatorial seat now held by democrat Vince Hughes (D-Philadelphia).

I am in the process of formatting Marc's responses into a pdf for download, and will update this post when I have completed the task...I wanted those of you whom have patiently awaited a response to know that this hasn't fallen by the wayside-in fact, Marc emailed me to say that the delay was caused by a challenge to his petitions and that he would send me his answers by Monday, March 3, if that was ok.

Since I had made the questionnaire right in the middle of the petition process, I didn't hesitate to acquiesce. Marc's answers will be posted for download by 3 p.m.

In the meantime, what's another hour or so?

As far as her being "[...] my candidate and that is totally cool [...]"-Lisa Paolino and Marc Perry are the only candidates who have reached out to your not so humble blogmeister in any way. I extended the olive branch to Lance Rogers and he has yet to contact me. I didn't expect an answer from the democrats.

I've met with Lisa and Marc and they both seem to be very nice people. Yes, I think Lisa was wronged, but I also feel that Durante was wronged as well and had the deck stacked against him, so to speak. Allowing Paolino into the endorsement would have given the committee, en toto, a choice of three candidates. The results may or may not have been different. But, nobody would have a gripe now, would they?

B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh... so you have met with Lisa? Well, that's nice of you to meet with her. But maybe she reached out because you can be useful? Not just because you are an earnest and nice fellow?

If you think Lisa should have been allowed into the endorsement process, then encourage HER to open HER mouth and go to the state GOP committee or file suit in the courts. otherwise, it's time to get off that train - Delco's Tom Judge decided what Delco was going to do - and that is how what happened actually happened - yet NOWHERE do you hear anyone talking about Delco's part in the nomination process. And as for Radnor GOP giving her an "endorsement" after the fact is kind of silly. Or was it purposeful? After all, perhaps if Radnor had endorsed somewhat earlier, it might have influenced Delco GOP to want to participate more actively in the process and NOT defer to Montco? Is this a case of damnation by faint praise?

As for the Sheriff, how was he wronged? He's been in politics in Montgomery County too long to not know the game.

And another thing - how did you extend the olive branch to Lance Rogers specifically? You called him a racist and an elitist, said you met him at the Lincoln Day Dinner and he was "nervous". Gee Bill, LOL, can't imagine why he's not running over for a beer ASAP...come on :<}

You are better than this. Keep on doing your thing, but don't get used here. And don't encourage any voter to elect on the sympathy platform. That is the wrong reason to elect someone.

End note? Marc Perry seems very forthright doesn't he? THAT is refreshing.

Bill Shaw said...

The questionnaire was to remove myself rom the "fray" and put all of the candidates on an even playing field. Yes, I have an opinion about the "process", but that's what it is...an opinion. You don't agree with me (obviously!) and I really do appreciate that.

Otherwise, I'd delete your comments and they'd never see the light of day.

Lastly, I am nobody's fool. I can tell when I am being used and I'm smart enough to know when people are trying to coerce me into their way of thinking (I used to work with a flaming liberal who tried the very same thing everyday).

But thanks for your concern. I can handle myself rather well, rest assured.

B.

Bill Shaw said...

P.S. Marc Perry is a straightforward guy...he even answered the underwear question!

B.

Anonymous said...

The GOP endorsement should never be treated as a "game". It is a vitally important process to select the best qualified REPUBLICAN candidate.

That decision belongs to the Committee People and not to some self-interested lobbyist chairman. This is just one more reason that Ken Davis has got to go!

Obama Countdown