Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Compliment Well Received

I've been struggling with whether or not to post this. Mi lucha es más.

I was speaking this evening to Plymouth CommitteeWoman and PA State CommitteeWoman extraordinaire, Mary Shorley.

We were talking about my wife (Mary paid her a nice compliment..."She's a gem") and the subject soon turned to the impending nuptials for Mary's only child. I wished him good luck, asked Mary if she was happy with her future daughter in law, she responded resoundingly to the affirmative.

It was then that Mary waxed nostalgic about children, with her son being an only child, "you always have to do your best with them", and such...then she laid on the bombshell: "I think your kids are great, Bill...they're so well behaved and very cute" (OK, I added the "very cute" part, but still...).

What a nice thing to say, and unsolicited.

It's nice to hear that about your children. It reaffirms that my wife, "Gemmy" and I are doing something right (while most parents struggle through every day, not knowing), but, to be told is always, always a compliment well received.

Mary, you made my day!

B.


No comments:

Obama Countdown