Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Milestones...

If it weren't for them, we'd have nothing to celebrate. Whether it's birthdays, anniversaries, Bar Mitzvahs, etc. they all represent an achievement or a happenstance in the life of the person affected.

This year, my oldest son will turn 21. By this time next year, my middle son will have been a teenager for but a month and a half, I will have turned 45 and my blog will be just over a year old.

But, just for now, let's celebrate just one thing–today, my blog reached it's 1,000th hit!

Thank You For Your Support!

When I started this blog back on January 25th, I thought I would be just one of the small timers, doing this for fun-mainly to blow off steam, as it were.

Steam is just what my humble addition to the "blogosphere" has picked up. I started tracking hits about a week after I started the blog, and in the beginning, it was slow (most of the hits were from myself and my close friends), but soon, it took off like a stinger missle.

In the first 20 days, I had 230 hits for an average of 11.5 hits per day. On February 13th (coincidentally, my birthday) I posted the Davis Phone Message and have received, at last count, over 770 hits in 7 days. That averages out to 110 hits per day for the last week.

I really need to Thank Alex Charyna (pawatercooler.com);and Tony Phyrillas, (tonyphyrillas.blogspot.com) who have both added "writemarsh!" to the "links list" on their blog sites-they are two top-notch bloggers/reporters and I hope you visit them often. (pawatercooler.com; tonyphyrillas.blogspot.com)

What I'd like to say is this-"Without you, I'm nothing"..."you complete me"...you are my "better half" and, to paraphrase John Lennon, "I'd like to say 'thank you' on behalf of the blog and myself, and I hope we passed the audition!

B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Shaw, you are doing such a great job on this blog. I tell everyone I know to check out Writemarsh!

Bill Shaw said...

Thank you...but, Mr. Shaw is my father.

I'm Bill to you all.

B.

Anonymous said...

It's 2/27/08 and your blog just reached its 1,500th hit!!!

Congrats!

Obama Countdown