Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

It's 12:52 and has been Veteran's Day for just under an hour.

I'd like to take the time to honor those who've served, both living and dead, to preserve freedom and the American dream we now enjoy.

I'd like to especially honor several family members (those that I know of) who have served in various branches of the armed services:

James Robert Johnson, My great grandfather-Spanish American War Veteran.
William Jesse Shaw, Sr., My "Pop-Pop" served in the peacetime Navy in the 1930's
Edward J. "Uncle Eddie" Schwartz, WWII Navy (he told me he was a cook)
John Edward Lawlor, my grandfather, a sergeant in the U.S. Army who volunteered to fight in WWII
William James Kovatch, my uncle, served in the peacetime Marine Corps
William Robert Taintor, Jr., my uncle, served a tour in Viet Nam in the U. S. Army

I love you all and thank you and every man and woman who ever wore the uniform of the armed services for your sacrifice to keep our country free from tyranny.

Happy Veteran's Day!

[08-46b.jpg]



No comments:

Obama Countdown