Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving, a day we are supposed to stop and give thanks for all of the good things in our lives. Over the years, I've grown more and more cynical...not because of the giving thanks part, but why wait for one day a year to be thankful?

A month ago, I was in the hospital, with what I thought was a heart attack. My two closest friends stayed with me until I was stable and put into a room overnight for observation. The next day, they took my son to a brunch and introduced him to the Ambassador from France. They did this to make m
y son forget that his dad was in the hospital.

I thank G-d everyday that I have friends as good as I do.

My children get good grades in school. My bills get paid on time. I have a great wife. She has a husband that isn't too much of a schlub. I give thanks everyday for these things.

What I'm getting at is this...with my "scare" last month, I've come to realize that you may not have next Thanksgiving to look forward to if you want to give thanks for what is good in your life. The time to give thanks is every day that you wake up and don't see your name in the obituaries. The time to give thanks is when you stop and reflect and say to yourself, "gee, life is pretty sw
ell".

The time to give thanks is today. It's tomorrow. It's everyday. Thank G-d everyday for the good things in your life, and thank Him that the bad things that happen haven't been as bad as they seemed when they happened.
Thank Him that your family is happy, healthy and full of love and joy.

Also, I would like you to remember to give thanks that you live in the greatest country in the world, one that allows blogs like this to offer opinion and news, a country that protects and defends your right to free speech.


Lastly, I give thanks that I have readers who care to see what I h
ave to say, and who aren't afraid to make their opinion known when the don't agree with me. Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.

Bill





No comments:

Obama Countdown