Monday, June 16, 2008

PRESS RELEASE FROM COMMISSIONER CASTOR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Contact: Bruce L. Castor, Jr.
610-278-3028

STATEMENT FROM COMMISSIONER BRUCE L. CASTOR, Jr. ON DECISION NOT TO APPEAL THE COMMON PLEAS COURT RULING DENYING STANDING TO MONTGOMERY COUNTY

"Up to the very last minute I hoped one of my colleagues would decide to honor the pledge they made last year when we campaigned for this office and join me in supporting an appeal. That support never came. The passing of the deadline means the loss of the Barnes is a virtual certainty We were entitled to an appeal and instead of pursuing that my colleagues just gave up. It is very disappointing and difficult to comprehend why they wouldn't at least try to appeal. It's a sad day for Montgomery County."
___________________

It is, indeed, a sad day for all of Montgomery County. 2/3 of our county commissioners believe that the Barnes belongs in Philadelphia, not in Montgomery County, as Dr. Barnes had wished when he wrote his will.

I guess I'll just tear up my own will and give Judge Ott and the commissioners the power to dispose of my assets as they see fit. Now that precedent has been set, there's no limit to the atrocities that the courts can do to our most treasured of traditions, the legacy to our heirs and to those we deem worthy to receive our legacy.

It's truly repugnant to see the cowardice shown to us by commissioners Hoeffel and Matthews in their handling of this issue.

If I had four hands, I'd give them both 2 thumbs down.

By the way, this reeks of regionalism, doesn't it?

B.

No comments:

Obama Countdown