Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Necessary Evil

I love to eat. Those of you who know me have seen the pleasure on my face (and plate) when the fare at one of the many fundraisers I go to is better than fair (as few are) and borders on WOW!

That being said, I am a big fan of food. It is the one pure necessary evil in my life. I can do without the cigars or bourbon that constitute my "guilty pleasure" list of vices, but I love food that tastes good. Finding places where you can get better than average food on the cheap is something else.

You see, I have a family of four living in my home. Two of them are children and two of them are picky eaters. That leaves me. I love to experiment and try different places. My family, on the other hands, likes Applebee's and Ruby Tuesday's. When we go out, they usually win.

So, I don't get to try new places as often as I'd like to. Thank goodness there is a new blog devoted to food and fare in our neck of the woods (S.E. Pennsylvania).

Its called "The Hungry Pilgrims", and it will be like having our very own Philly-area food critic/food historian guide to the culinary arts. (I've added their link to my "blogroll", at the right)

I, for sure, will be using their site as a reference on those rare times when the Shaw Family of picky eaters and food experimenters decide they don't feel like cooking and pile into the minivan to get a reasonably priced meal at a restaurant.

I'd like to be the first political blog in the SEPA area to welcome Jake and The Fatman to the blogosphere and say "thank you".

You have become one of my new "necessary evils", 'cause lord knows, so long as ya gotta eat, ya might as well eats goodly.

B.

No comments:

Obama Countdown