Thursday, January 8, 2009

Getting Older, I Think

It's sometimes tough to be a "grown-up".

I found that out twice this week. Obviously, the first time was when I had to make a "grown-up" decision about our dog, Chance.

The second? Well, today, January 8th, 2009, my second child of 3, Jesse (Scraps), became a teenager. I now have one adult son, a teenage son and a "tween" daughter, Lia, who is 8 years old.

Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday, I was 28 and just married to Karen, my oldest, Ryan was an only child of 5. I was thinner, had no aches or pains save for a twinge in my back every once and a while.

Now, Ryan is 21, I have two more children and can't remember the last time I slept through the night or woke up without any aches or pains.

I'm old enough...check that...I now have a son old enough to make me a grandfather, another who is on the verge of putting away childish things and becoming a man, and a daughter who is 8 going on 18.

It's sometimes tough to be a "grown-up".

I'll survive.

Final thought: Happy Birthday, Scraps. I love you.

B.


And here is the rest of it.

No comments:

Obama Countdown