Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jim Gerlach Withdrawls

January 7, 2010

Dear Friends and Supporters,

I wanted you to be the first to know that after much thought and deliberation, I have decided to end my campaign for Governor. I am releasing the attached statement to the media, but wanted to reach out to you to thank you for your support and vote of confidence. Running for Governor has been a tremendous experience, one that has enabled me to meet so many wonderful people from all across our Commonwealth. I value those meetings and the new friendships I have made, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and friendship. Please know that I will continue my public service with the same dedication and commitment as ever.

Yours in gratitude,

Jim Gerlach
Congressman

***

CONGRESSMAN JIM GERLACH WITHDRAWS FROM GUBERNATORIAL RACE

Vows to Continue Public Service and Working Hard to Improve Our Commonwealth and Country

(EXTON, PA) - Republican Congressman Jim Gerlach announced Thursday that he was ending his campaign for governor.

"I entered the race for Governor in order to continue my public service, put forth new ideas for creating jobs, protecting our taxpayers, families and seniors and reinvigorating the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that we all love so much. I am not giving up on achieving those goals. I am, however, ending my campaign for governor.

"This decision comes after great reflection with my wonderful wife, Karen, our children and numerous, candid discussions with all of our dedicated supporters and staff. This past year has been extremely gratifying, and I have few regrets. Ideas have been the bedrock of my campaign. I unveiled a "17-point Pledge to Pennsylvania" - the most specific and comprehensive vision for leading our Commonwealth offered thus far by any candidate for Governor. I am convinced that these are the best ideas for guiding our Commonwealth back to greatness. But the harsh reality is that the best ideas alone do not always propel candidates to victory on Election Day.

"While we have successfully raised over $1 million, traveled thousands of miles all across this Commonwealth and signed up more than 19,000 supporters eager to help us win, today's media-driven campaigns require four times that amount to wage a successful primary. That left me with two choices: either spend all of my time raising money with little time left for meeting with voters; or withdrawing my candidacy and working even harder to serve the public. I am choosing to serve the public -- many of whom have graciously rewarded me with their support for nearly two decades.

"I want to express my tremendous appreciation to and affection for our many contributors, supporters, volunteers, staff, and well-wishers. You have been nothing short of awesome and it is because of your support and encouragement that I will continue to travel the Commonwealth advocating commonsense ideas to create jobs, reduce taxes and cut runaway spending, and make government work for all of our families. I want to be clear about one thing: this campaign for governor has stoked my passion for honest, effective, and efficient government, and I intend to continue to raise my voice, and work hard in the months and years ahead."

For Immediate Release: January 7, 2010







No comments:

Obama Countdown