Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Thought About the Montco Judicial Races

As many of you know two weeks from today is Primary Election Day in Pennsylvania.

The major races in our region are statewide and county judicial candidates.

After a protracted Republican endorsement process the seven endorsed candidates have been working their tails off to deliver a victory in the primary and prepare for the General Election.

But I don't want to talk about those seven today. I want to talk about the other dozen or so candidates who peppered me with letters and meetings and were at just about every Republican function for the last two years.

Where did you go?

It's sad that so many who pledged to do "whatever they could" to help elect our team of judges "whether I'm endorsed as a candidate or not" have suddenly disappeared. I don't see them at events, I don't see them helping the team. What I mostly see (and hear) is a lot of sulking.

I'd have a lot more respect for former and future judge candidates who pitch in as though they're a member of the team this time. It will go a long way to impressing upon a committeeman like me that you deserve my support next time.

I know I'm not alone in this observation.



No comments:

Obama Countdown