Friday, January 25, 2008

Keeping Promises

One of the toughest things I've had to do as a parent is to make time to keep the promises I make to my children. I make a lot of promises, mostly to spend time with them. I break those promises now and again.

I've never really understood their disappointment with me until recently. You see, my parents always said either "no", or "we'll see". "Maybe", too.

One of the biggest disappointments of my adult life is the one that was just handed to the Republican voters in Montgomery County on January 7th of this year, when Jim Matthews gave the keys to the courthouse to Joe Hoeffel, a democrat.

His reasoning for this was laid out to us with several explanations leading up to the 7th, but afterward, just laid it on the line...he just plain hates Bruce Castor.

Now, nobody has to like everybody, contrary to liberal, feel-good political correctness, but lets get real...Jim Matthews threw the baby out with the bathwater. Jim's blatant disregard for the rank and file committee person, voter, and constituent is downright egregious.

Hence my bitter disappointment. Oh, how my kids must feel when I let them down.

Well, time will tell if Jim's misdeeds are going to be the end, as the naysayers are wont to say, of the Republican Party in Montgomery County.

To paraphrase a famous quote, we haven't yet begun to fight.

And, from now on, I guess I 'll have to just say "we'll see"...or "maybe"...or, just say "no".

B.

No comments:

Obama Countdown