Friday, July 24, 2009

well, well, well

This is strange, as I'm blogging for the first time in over 2 months. Things haven't been going as well as I thought they'd be by now, and I'd kind of lost my motivation to write.

As a lot of you know, I was laid off from my job back in November. The financial hardship notwithstanding, I've been experiencing a bit of lethargy (?) maybe in a lot of my life.

Backing up a bit, the ability to find a job over the last 7 -8 months has been terrible. My former "career" now only pays what the owner of the company wants to pay, it's become an "employer's market" in my chosen field. I called to inquire about a job in my field a month ago, they're paying half of what I was making in November, and-get this-required a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience...for a job that most people learned "on the job", in an apprenticeship!

That, coupled with a bit of health related issues, has chased my "muse" (so to speak) giving me no inspiration or desire to write anything. I've also been tied up with a bathroom remodel (now that I've got the spare time on my hands) that eats up a tremendous amount of what little energy I have.

So there it is, my loyal readers. No excuses, just explanations. Hopefully, this lone post will inspire me to get "back on the horse" or, I'll find that my "muse" has left me and I've written all I was supposed to.

Either way, it's been a great ride and I appreciate those of you who have been supportive of me (as well as those of you who choose to anonymously "jeer" me via the "comments" button).

Will I be back? Time will tell. Do I want to be back? More than ever.

Until then, bear with me...like all of G-d's creatures, I'm a work in progress, and I'm certain he's not through with me yet.

Have a peaceful day,

B.



1 comment:

Lisa Mossie said...

Bill, I'm glad to see you back and hope that you (and your muse) are getting your second wind.

You're an important voice for conservatives, especially in Montgomery County. Your silence has probably led King James to think he's a shoe-in for re-election! This MUST NOT continue!

We all go through a little "blog fatigue" now and then--especially now, when there is just too much---really too much---to fight against, which is why we need you.

Don't you even THINK about signing off.

Obama Countdown